Wednesday 8 June 2011

Jennie's experience as a teen mum (Thursday, 6/9)

I had the baby from Wednesday after school to Friday after school. It was quite challenging for me, even though I was prepared for it.
When you have a baby, you have to be there 24/7, you are living for someone else.
I experienced some mood swings. Although I know the baby is fake, I got really angry and irritated when someone was trying to harm the baby or making fun of it, and I responded to these harasments by acting in a VERY immature and aggressive way. I felt that I wasn't being myself when I had the baby, I was very different from who I am normally.
I was over-protective.
Going on public transport was an uneasy task. I went on the train in the morning, a lot of people in business suits stared at me, and unfortunately the baby started crying and attracted more unwanted attention for me.
It was hard at school too, I had to carry my books with one hand and try to minimise my movement so the baby could go to sleep. Some students were acting quite disrespectfully. My friends helped me a lot at school.
My mum was very supportive, she offered some useful tips about looking after a baby.
I leanrt that being a mum of ANY age is a lot harder than I thought.
But overall, it was quite fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment